Okechukwu Solomon June 17, 2017 Technology
Recall the irritating prompt that drops in your message box reading: “You have less than 10mb left of your data.” It is understandable that you detest it. No worries, many more people do too.
Well, there is good news for a few non-techy smartphone (especially Android) users like me and you. Thus, find these 5 quick tips on how to save data on android phones.
Easy Ways to Save Data on Android phones
1. Reduce the amount of data used by your Android mobile device or computer by turning on Chrome Data Saver Mode. or opera data saving mode From compressing web pages to removing images when loading a page on a slow connection, you’re able to save up to 70% more data.
2. Avoid Watching Videos Online because it consumes a lot of your data. Use Offline YouTube videos if possible and watch them as often as you like without using data or buffering each time with YouTube Offline.
3. Whether it’s your neighborhood or a weekend getaway destination, there’s a way to use Google Maps without using any data. Download an area of the world and seamlessly use Maps features like turn-by-turn navigation and access useful location information without a network connection using Google Maps Offline.
4. Identify and remove data intensive apps by going to Settings > Data Usage on your Android device. You may be surprised to see data being used by apps you hardly touch!
5. Disable auto-updating apps on your Android device by opening Google Play and tapping the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top left of the screen. Go to Settings > tap Auto-update apps > select Do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi.
6. Lower your browser image quality to Low. High image quality consumes a lot of your data. Lower your browser text size.
Simple! You can now begin to have a better use of your smartphone. Go and enjoy the Smartlife
Is This Article Helpful?
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.