RAM means random access memory and it's different from your inbuilt memory storage because RAM works, when you are doing something or running apps, widgets and many others with your phone. Meanwhile, there are two ways to increase RAM; rooting or not-rooting methods and they are going to be treated in this article.
How To Increase RAM Without Rooting Access
READ ALSO:Benefits of Rooting Your Android Smartphone
Disable Applications - There are some applications that run on background even when you didn't launch or run them and they make phone hang, so you just have to take time and disable such applications in order to improve your phone performance by going to Settings>Apps>All and the lists of all apps will be displayed then tap on them and disable the apps (do not disable follow-come or pre-installed Apps).
Limit Wallpapers And Widgets - These Widget and live wallpapers do reduce the performance of smartphone and of course, it kills battery faster. So try and remove or limit them in order for your smartphone to be more faster when in use.
Disable Animations - This steals RAM and kills battery as well. Try and disable it in order to increase the speed and performance of your smartphone and to enjoy your phone to the fullest. Just go to Settings>>Developer options (if you don't have a developer option, just tap on ABOUT PHONE six times and it will come out) then enter the developer options and scroll down to disable or turn off animations. As shown below;
How To Increase RAM With ROOT Access
This way needs ROOT and is just by creating a separate space on your SD card which will act as your secondary source of RAM. To do this, you need an application called ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) that can be downloaded from Google Playstore (you can download it free by using blacksmart App). So you will need a class 4 SD card or higher ones.
How To Check If Your Phone Is Compatible For Increasing RAM
- Before you start, you will have to check if your phone is compatible to increase RAM by downloading MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check on playstore by clicking here.
- Then run the app and give it ROOT access permission.
- Then select your SD Card.
- Then tap on CLICK FOR RESULT.
- When your phone is compatible, it will display " Congratulations' appears, your device is compatible with the RAM expander app!".
READ ALSO:How to fix Slow Charging on any Android Smartphone
How To Finally Increase The RAM
- If your phone is compatible, just run or launch the ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) app.
- Then give it ROOT permission and select English as your language.
- Then use the slider to select the amount of space you want to add to your phone or better still, use the Optimal value to automatically adjust the settings for the best performance, and make sure you enable autorun. As shown below;
- Then after that, you can now finally tap on Swap activ to complete the process.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.