Okechukwu Solomon June 18, 2017 Technology
There are 2 ways to get the New Google OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on your device.
>>One of the ways is for you to exercise patient for Over The Air (OTA) Update to appear on your phone. This may come anytime as OTA Updates are usually released in batches hence, not everyone get’s it at the same time.
>>The Second way of getting the Android 6.0 upgrade into your Tecno Camon C8 is through a downloaded .zip file. Fortunately, Tecno Forum has made this zipped file available for everyone who can not wait any longer for the OTA Update.
There are 2 method of flashing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update into the Tecno Camon C8. You can flash it through TF Card or using SP Flash tools, but the available software for now is via TF Card, so that means, the below guide will focus on how to upgrade your Tecno C8 via TF Card method.
If you have already Rooted your
Tecno C8, to be on a Safer side, you're strongly advised to Unroot.
Note:-Upgrading an already rooted device Over-the-Air or via TF card can get the device Bricked.
Never forget to BackUp your files, contact and essential apps before you begin, because the flashing process will re-brand your smartphone and thus clear all your important data and files.
How To Upgrade Tecno Camon C8 To Android 6.0 Marshmallow Via TF Card
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR TO YOUR PHONE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION
1. Download the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update HERE (867MB)
2. Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (Do not put it inside any folder)
3. Switch Off Your Tecno Camon C8
4. Hold Power Button + Volume Up
until you see the startup logo then release the Power Button Only after which you’ll see the Android logo.
5. Hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up Button without releasing the power button until you see the below image.
6. Use Volume Down to navigate to
Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select.
7. Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then Select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interface as seen below.
9. Select Reboot system now, Wait for your device to reboot and Android 6.0 Marshmallow will be on the device!
Note:that the first booting process might take few minutes to complete.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.