Okechukwu Solomon August 09, 2017 Technology
READ ALSO: How to download Facebook videos on Android
#1. Download Instagram videos from browser
I discovered this new method to download Instagram videos and it's really amazing. You don't have to install any third-party app. All what you need is a browser like Google Chrome.
We all know that Instagram can be accessed from its website also. But as like in app, there is no option for downloading. Even if you will long-tap the video, the browser's save action won't work.
Viewing the source code of webpage can solve our problem. We will simply find the main downloadable link of the video from its source code page. Here's a step-by-step instructions -
- First launch the Google Chrome app and login to your Instagram account.
- Now find the video you want to download and open it in new tab.
- Next, you have to edit the URL of webpage. Simply add "view-source:" before it and then tap Go button. (See below picture)
- In the source code page, you have to find the main downloadable link of the video. To search it quickly, click the Chrome's menu button (three dots) and then tap "Find in page" option.
- In the search box, type "og:video" and hit search button.
- After this, copy the link under "content" section and open it in new tab.
- Now long-tap the play button and click "Save Video" option. That's it.
#2. Using third-party Android apps
There are a number of third-party apps available for Android that can help you to download Instagram videos easily. You can find these apps on Google Play Store by searching keywords like Instagram Video Downloader.
Look at the reviews of app and find which one is most reliable. Never use any app that asks you to login to your account. I recommend you to use InstagramDownloader.
Now whenever you wish to download any video, first tap the three dots button and click "Copy Share URL" option. The video's sharable link will be copied to the clipboard. Then just open the app and paste this link there.
#3. Using online toolAnother easy way to download Instagram videos in your Android phone is to use online third-party tools like SaveDeo, which lets you download content from different sources. Here's what you have to do -
Again copy the video's sharable link from Instagram app and go to SaveDeo website from any web browser. Then paste the copied URL there and download the video.
Note: Sometimes these methods may not work due to privacy issue. For example, if a user has private Instagram account, you may not be able to download their videos.
Respect the copyrightDo you know why Instagram doesn't offer any feature to download videos directly? It's due to copyright issue.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.