winnercoz June 25, 2018 Technology
If you look at your blog’s traffic stats, social media is likely to be among the top three traffic sources. In fact, for many blogs, social media traffic is even more important than search engine and direct traffic. On the other hand, you’ll find many bloggers complain about the ineffectiveness of social media and how it’s just over-hyped.
To help you understand this better, here are some of the key points you need to keep in mind while creating a strategy for driving traffic and conversions from social media.
1. Tailor Your Content to Each Platform in Order to Boost Social Media Traffic
When you are posting blanket posts to each platform that you use, your traffic will be overlooked. It’s inevitable, as each social network has its own style and tools that make content more appealing, and a lot easier to find and promote. If you’re not using hashtags on twitter or including photos, gifs, or videos with your Facebook content, then it’s all likely to blend in with the millions of other posts that appear every day. Use locations, tags, and any other tools available to make sure your message will reach the right people.
2. Be Aesthetically PleasingSocial media posts that are accompanied by images or infographics have proved time and again to increase engagement. The more likes and shares your posts get, the more they reach other people, and the more traffic reaches your site. The best news is that creating graphics and infographics is really simple now, and there are online tools that can help you build beautiful images to accompany your posts. You really can’t argue with the increased engagement and attention a couple of pictures contribute to your posts.
3. Use Online Resources for Editing and WritingThere are some really reliable writing and editing services available, and it’s simple to find someone who can produce amazing content or proof read what you have before you post. As search engine crawlers check for spelling and grammar, you can’t afford to make any mistakes in this area. Plus, you do not want to only attract attention to mistakes in your posts – your following on social media should be able to focus on your content. Hiring a writer from Big Assignments or People per Hour is super simple as you simply select the services you want, and you writing or editing task is then assigned to a professional. Alternatively, you can post an ad and interview potential candidates on UpWork or Freelancer. This is a great way of driving traffic to your site, as quality content will boost your number of followers and promote return views.
4. Track Your SuccessesMake sure you’re using some form of analytics, and be sure that you understand what these results mean. This is by far the easiest way to monitor which posts are popular and drive traffic to your site, and which posts don’t really provide much engagement or boost your profile. This means you can amplify the awesome content you post, and either steer clear of the posts that don’t work, or adapt them so they do. It’s a great way of making sure that your posts are consistently successful.
5. Use Online Editing ToolsTrying to check the spelling and grammar of every single thing you post can be awkward and time-consuming. This is especially true if you’re from a business or marketing background rather than a creative writing background. Fortunately this no longer needs to be a problem as the forums on Paper Fellows are full of helpful advice from professionals as well as editing guides, plus Grammar Check can comprehensively review your work. This is a great way of checking that your work is flawless without actually hiring an editor.
6. Don’t Be SpammyIt is important to post regularly and your analytics will likely highlight the optimum times of day for you to reach out. However, there is a big difference between being active and posting frequently to posting too much. You can annoy potential customers and be a little too active that you just clutter up a newsfeed. This is definitely undesirable; especially as sharing the same message over and over again is also not appealing to your followers. While sharing content is OK in certain circumstances, it needs to be spread out over time. Think of what you would find irritating, and try to avoid that – your updates don’t need to be constant, and they should always be quality.
7. Make Sure It’s Easy to Follow YouIf it’s difficult to follow you on social media, then people won’t do it. One of the most basic ways of boosting traffic is to make sure there are links to your social media profile all over your website and blog posts. Anyone who stumbles on your site should find it incredibly easy to follow or like you on social media. Making this difficult just means that you lose traffic.
While there are no quick fixes to producing an amazing digital marketing strategy, and building followers and driving significant amounts of traffic can take some time, following the above tips can make gaining followers and driving traffic a whole lot easier.
Sharon Conwell has been a content marketer and ghost writer at over 20 online projects. She’s specializing in content creation and optimization. She loves coffee, tulips and her Shih Tzu named Bobby. Feel free to contact her on LinkedIn or on her blog5
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.