Okechukwu Solomon June 25, 2018 Technology
The OTA Nougat upgrade is about 1.7GB. Make sure you have a fast and strong internet connection and upto 2GB data .
Before you upgrade
- Make sure you are not Rooted. If you are, kindly unroot your device before upgrading.
- Your device should be atleast 90% charged ordirectly connected to a power source while the upgrade is been done.
How to Automatically Upgrade Tecno Phantom 6 Plus to V7.1 Nougat via OTA
- Go to Settings from your phone.
- Tap on "About Phone".
- Tap on "System Update".
- Now, click on "Download icon" for the download to begin.
- Then wait for the download to complete 100%
- Once the download is completed, your device will be rebooted
- An update screen will appear which may take upto 30minues or more to complete
- After a Successful upgrade you should have Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS running on your Tecno Phantom 6 Plus.
How to Manually Upgrade Tecno Phantom 6 Plus to V7.1 NougatYou can manually download the upgrade to your SD card and follow the below installation procedures to manually upgrade tecno phantom 6 plus to Nougat V7.1
- Copy the downloaded Nougat update (SDcard_update_xxxxxx.zip)to the root directory of your sdcard
- go to the “Settings – About Phone – System Software Upgrade” menu
- Select the SD Card and click on Install
During the installation, your device may be shut down, “During the upgrade, do not remove the batteryand SD card or turn off the phone,” Just make sure your device ischarged atleast 90%.
- Wait for the installation to complete and you are good to go.
Let us know if you successfully upgrade your Tecno Phantom 6 Plus to Nougat.Is This Article Helpful?
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.