Facebook always take major actions on any spam accounts and now it's smart enough to hunt them. I know it's really painful to lose your private account. So to be on safe side, you've to know how Facebook system works and how you can avoid your private account from block penalties or being blocked. Before moving to the main tutorial, let me explain what is Facebook block system (also know as Facebook virtual jail) and how it works.
There are two type of blocks by Facebook. One is permanent and other is temporary. Permanent Block will block you permanently and you won't be able to access your account or a particular service in any way. The second one is, temporary block which will disable your account or against a particular services for a limited period of time, after which you can access them again.
Facebook usually penalize users with temporary block only but if the problem is serious or if a person is repeating that same mistake again and again, it may be blocked permanently. Also, If someone is trying to hack Facebook account, there are chances that the Facebook Account will be blocked or locked out. Below I have written some secrets tips which can help you to keep your account away from these Facebook block penalties.
#1. One person, one account onlyFacebook policy clearly stated that one person can hold one account only. However, you can create any number of groups and pages in that account. Facebook has billions of active users but it doesn't mean that all users are real. Around 20-25% accounts are fake and they are used for spam purpose only. As already mentioned, Facebook is strict against them and that's why it is hard to create a duplicate account.
If it's really necessary for you to create a duplicate account, you have to be very careful. Your original and duplicate account should not be connected in any way. For example, If the phone number or account details you have filled will match with your original profile, Facebook will immediately block you. Treat them with different identity and don't add too many mutual friends or join and like similar groups and pages. Doing this, you're giving an edge to Facebook that your account is duplicate.
#2. Control group activitiesGroups are the best way to join hand with anonymous people. This is why Facebook take them very serious. It can ban you from posting, joining, adding and commenting on groups. To avoid these penalties, keep these important things in your mind.
- Don't create too many groups
- Don't add all friends in any group - Facebook allow users to add their friends in group without their permission. This feature should be used in positive way. There is certain limit after which you may be blocked to add new members.
- Don't post too much - If you'll post same thing in too many groups, Facebook may find it spammy and thus you may be blocked for future posting. Never use auto bots to post on multiple Facebook groups at once. It can detected by Facebook easily and you may run into trouble.
- Don't comment too much - In the same way, you should avoid to comment same thing in different posts. Keep a little time period gap between each comment and twist the content. Also, don't add links each time. If you'll do so, Facebook will mark your website as spam and users will be displayed a security check before they will leave Facebook to visit your website.
READ ALSO: How to download Facebook videos on Android
#3. Control page activitiesPages are good way to be in touch with your fans or followers. Almost every official and unofficial person or organisation has their page on Facebook. So it become necessary to keep their standard. Here are some simple tips you should consider to avoid page related block penalties.
- Don't like too many pages - Although, there is no specific limit but if you'll like too many pages at the same time, you may be temporarily blocked by Facebook to like new pages.
- Don't spam in comments - As like in groups, you should avoid to post spam comments in Facebook pages. For example, sharing your website links in too many comments will obviously look spammy and thus you or your website will be penalized.
- Don't create unnecessary pages
#4. Don't send or accept unknown friend requestsThis is very very important. We all know that Facebook help us to connect with our friends and family members but there are many people who use it for other negative purposes as well. For example, kidnappers and fraudsters use it to trap small kids and innocents. Thousands of cases have been filled against this. On the other hand, some terrorist groups are using social media sites to build to their online army.
Facebook itself is a virtual world where every real person living in this earth holds his/her own identity and good thing as well as bad thing is that, they all are in one place or under one roof. Due to these negative reasons, Facebook make sure that you're connected with those people only which are present in your real life. So If you'll continue to send or accept unknown friend requests for a long time, Facebook will definitely block you and it can be a permanent block as well.
#5. Don't send messages to unknown peopleFacebook is watching all its users and they keep record of all activities you do. Although, sending a normal message is no offense but if you'll send number of spam messages, you'll be blocked temporarily or may be permanently. The reason is same as explained in above point. Moreover, if the recipients will report your message to Facebook team, they will review it and then suitable action will be taken against you. While contacting any unknown person, don't send spam messages (people usually send offers and links which are considered as spam) and never message again and again if the person isn't responding.
#6. Don't use auto bots & auto likersDo you know what auto bots are? Okay, let me define it. In simple words, auto bots are the tools (basically online websites) that can do multiple task at once without manual work. Here auto means automatic and bots means robots. So its real meaning is automatic robots (virtual). They are generally used for spam purpose. For example, there are tons of auto liker websites which can help you to increase your post likes. Other auto bots are auto commenter, auto follower, multi group poster etc.,
Facebook is strictly against them and it doesn't support any kind of fake activities. I had already posted How to Remove Auto Liker from Facebook Account Completely . If you're still using such auto bots, please remove them immediately, otherwise Facebook will have your account blocked anytime.
#8. Keep your Facebook profile up to dateThe more professional your Facebook profile looks, the less your chances will be to get banned. You can update your profile information by fillings it's about section. Add all your real details like correct mobile number, address (your city name is enough), DOB, gender, nickname, political view, about info and favorite quotes. You can change the privacy of these things to public, friends or only me. I hope you can do that easily. Make sure to add your real profile picture and cover photo as well. This way you proves that your account is not fake and thus Facebook may avoid it from being blocked.
#9. Protect your account from being hackedThe day your account will be hacked, Facebook will treat it as fake and it may be blocked because hacker will use it for spamming purpose. So it's very important to protect your account in advance. I had already posted some essential tips to Check, Recover and Secure Hacked Facebook Account. If you're hacked unknowingly, you should recovery your account as soon as possible. Recovering hacked account is very simple. You can use your mobile phone number or Gmail ID to request new password depending on the one you used during Registration. After Recovering your Account Follow this guide on How to Secure your Facebook Account From Being Hacked
#10. Don't post/promote illegal contentFacebook doesn't allow or promote illegal content in any way just like other media platforms like YouTube. This includes hacking, shocking, pornography, drugs and other sensitive content related to caste, religion, gender, color or other way round. If you'll be found to post or promote such things, Facebook will immediately take action against you. Facebook has also implemented a call to action feature that enables its users to report illegal or fake contents.
People can report your message, post or comment to Facebook team and they really act very fast. I had tried this many times and within one or two days, they will notify both users. Make sure to avoid this mistake. If bulk of reports will be filled against you, it may block your particular service or completely block your account as well.
In Conclusion:Here are few more essential tips to avoid being blocked on Facebook -
- Use your real name - You should use your real names only. Using business name in personal profile is strictly prohibited and instead of that, you can create a page. I have seen many people using stylish fonts in their name. This is also bad.
- Be an active user - Although it's not necessary to be an active user but if your account will be dead for a long time (say 2 years), it may be blocked temporarily and you've to pass a security check in order to access it again.
- Don't tag all friends - Tagging is made to tag those people who are in the photo or at the time when you're updating your status. Unfortunately, this feature is misused by many people just to get little likes on their posts.
- Don't Change IP - Don't change your browser IP address or login from unknown devices (like from cyber cafe).
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.