Unknown September 11, 2017 Technology
I believe you have your reason for installing Mediatek VCOM drivers and also it is obvious that you may be having a bricked phone, that’s why you found you self-viewing this page. You are so lucky because, you can now Install Mediatek VCOM drivers and have a sigh of relief. No more regrets. WHEN you flashed a wrongly ported ROM or you just flashed a wrong
Chipset which is contrary to your devices, yet you aren’t sure of the ROM then you should get ready for a flash
Vcom Port Driver is an important driver when installing or flashing any firmware on a mtk device through sp flash tool or any other flash tool. Without the MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port driver, your pc will not detect your device and you will keep on clicking on the download button on sp flash tool without getting any response.
Many people face a lot issues when installing vcom port driver since it has to be done manually. But today I will be explaining with pictures how to install MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port driver on your windows pc. For those using windows 8, 8.1 or windows 10, its advisable to disable Driver Signature Enforcement since the driver is not signed. But for all those using windows 7 or older version of windows, you can skip this step.
How To Disable Driver Signature Enforcement In Windows 8/8.1 And Windows 10For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 Computer Users, you need to disable drivers signature verification for this to work smoothly.
- Open your start screen and search for pc settings.
- Open Pc Settings >> Update and Recovery >> Recovery.
- Under Advanced Startup, click on Restart Now. Your pc will reboot into the advance startup screen
- Click on Troubleshoot (refresh or reset your PC or use advanced tools)
- Select Advanced Options
- Select Startup Settings (change windows startup behavior)
- then click on Restart. Now your PC will restart showing you another screen with more options.
- Press 7 or F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
Now you can go ahead and install Preloader USB VCOM driver on your Windows 8,8.1 or 10.
How to Install:
Download: Mediatek USB Vcom Port Driver from HERE.
- Download and extract Mediatek vcom driver from the link provided above.
- Open control panel and search for device manager.
- Click on action and select add legacy driver.
- The Add hardware wizard will be launched,
- Click Next.
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list and click Next again to continue.
- Select show all devices and click next.
- Select have disk.
- click browse and locate the vcom driver you extracted earlier.
NOTE: There are three folders inside namely 2K_XP_COM(for windows xp), Vista (for windows vista) and win7 ( for windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10).
- Open the appropriate folder and select the .inf file either for 32 or 64 bit (depending on your Operating System).
- Click OK to install.
- In the next window select MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port and hit next.
- An error in red that says Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software will pop up. Select Install this driver anyway and the installation of the MediaTek Preloader driver will start.
- If you see this error message “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” just ignore it and click finish.
Congratulations, You have successfully installed mediatek Preloader Usb Vcom Port Driver on your computer. The Below screenshot shows Vcom drivers installed on my PC.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.