Okechukwu Solomon October 02, 2017 Facebook
This is because, once it is registered, it will be reserved for that particular person only and nobody can use it again. Thousands of new accounts are created daily and that is why common usernames are no more available.
READ ALSO: How to Have a Professional Facebook Profile
How to choose the Right Username1. Make sure to add your name: Username is made up of two words which are user and name. It represents your real identity so it is very important to add your real name in it. It will be hard for other people to find you if you use a name like a pets name or car.
You can't get the username on your real name as it was already taken but make sure to add it anywhere with few extra words like "its", "mhizta", "itz", "me", "iam" etc., before or after it. For example, If your real name is Okechukwu Solomon, you can select usernames like itsOkechukwy, iamSolomon or meOkechukwu.
In the same way, If you can find it for your business page as well. If your choice isn't available, then add "official" word before or after it.
NOTE: it is not necessary to add your full name. This will increase length which isn't good. Simply add your first name only and keep it short, simply and unique.
2. Don't use special characters & numbers: Special characters and numbers have nothing to do with your username. If you're thinking to add your mobile number, then you're going wrong way.
Nobody will have time to remember that long number. You will spoil your username and remember that, you can edit it once. Any wrong step and you've to regret it for a lifetime. Here are few more drawbacks of using numbers and special characters -
As we all know that first impressions is the last impression. In the same way, if your username will look awkward, it will reflect a bad impression.
- Very hard to remember - Usernames with numbers and special characters are not easy to remember and due to this reason, many people hate them. It will be hard for other people to mail and tag you. So avoid them.
- Counts toward length - Username should be short and then only it will be easy to remember. If you'll add unnecessary numbers in it, definitely its length will increase.
You can only use under score and dots to separate two words. For example, try to find out the usernames like its_solomon, okech_solomon, iam_solo (or use dot between them). Using brackets, comma, hash and other special characters is strictly prohibited.
There are many websites that can help you to find out new username (Just Google search them). All what you need to type is your name and they will suggest you random examples. Short list the best one and then check their availability.
4. Keep it short & easy to remember: The more short your username is, the more easy it will be to remembered. People don't have time to note down your long username so that they can mail or contact you later.
Another reason of choosing short length username is that, it will be easy to mention you on Twitter because tweets have limit of 140 characters only.
5. Use same username everywhere: It's very important to use the same username on all your social accounts especially for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+.
It may be hard for you to find it but keep searching until you find one. It will be pretty much easy for people to find you on your other social profiles. For example, your Facebook friends or followers can easily find you on Twitter and Instagram with same username.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.