Okechukwu Solomon October 01, 2017 Facebook
We rate someone's popularity on Facebook based on his or her likes and followers, So if you are getting low likes and comments on your Facebook status and profile pictures, below are the 10 essential ways to increase facebook likes.
How to Increase Facebook Likes and Comments1. Choose the right time to post: In order to reach the maximum organic traffic, it's very important to choose the right time to post your photos and status. It will be of no use to share the post when people are not active on Facebook.
Now let's take for instance, you're posting a photo, when most of your friends are online and on other hand, what if you'll post the same thing when no one or very few people are active. Tell me which target more audience?
There is no perfect time to post. You've to find it manually and it may be different for every person. As a general rule, you've to choose a time when most of your friends are online. For example, those people who are living in Nigeria can post between 6PM to 10PM or early in the morning. Weekends like Sunday and Saturday also perform very well.
2. Choose the right type of photo and status: Remember that, people like what they love. Keeping this thing in mind, you've to choose the right type of photo and status to post. I have seen many people posting photos of their favorite celebrity or car. They think their friends will like them too, wrong Move.
It's better to post your own pictures . But make sure that they're clear and awesome. I usually prefer 8mega pixels and above photos as they give a professional touch to profile. Otherwise, if you've a normal mobile camera, you can take a selfie and add filters on it.
You can also try comedy jokes, trending topics, motivation or inspiration quotes as they are loved by everyone and thus you can get more likes. Don't forget to add these quotes in your photos and profile picture caption.
3. Write call to action: Experiment shows that the post with call to action can drive more engagement and it will definitely reach more audience, ultimately increasing your post likes. Many of you don't know what call to action is.
Call to action is a note that works as a bait to engage people in your post. For example, if you share your personal opinions on a particular topic or write something interesting in the caption, your friends will reply back to you in the comments.
Before posting anything, don't forget to write a call to action note. Otherwise, you may miss a great opportunity to get more likes on your post. Few common examples of call to action are: "say something about this photo", "What do you think?", "Comment below" and "Let me know". You can use them at the end of caption after write something which is easily answerable, basically a Q&A post type.
4. Add more friends in your list: The more Facebook Friends and Followers you have, the more likes you will get on your posts and profile picture. As we all know. So you have to send friend requests to every single person you know in your real life and who is in contact with you.
If you had already done this, then try adding unknown people who are friends of friend. Note that, Facebook doesn't allow to connect with unknown people for some security reasons. So play safe, otherwise Facebook may penalize your accout for spam purpose and even block you.
To be on safe side, it's better to try some tricks which can help you to get more friends requests on your profile automatically. I had already discussed about this topic in my previous article. How to get 5000 face.
People are more interested to know what their friends are doing on Facebook. They are always waiting to get new updates from you while you get from them. Try to a Realer and not a Faker.
6. Be in touch with your friends: It's believed that the people who have good relations in their real life get more likes on their Facebook posts. While on the technical side, if you're not in touch with any of your Facebook friend, he\she might not seeing your posts in his news feed also.
To be in touch with your friends, make sure to maintain good relations in your real life and also chat with them in Facebook messages when they aren't close to you.
Make sure to like and comment on your friend's posts (occasionally) and you'll see some good response from them. They will also start liking and commenting on your pictures. Visit their timeline when necessary and like their posts.
7. Reply back to all comments: You should reply back to each single comment if possible. Make sure to add a thanks note at the end. Don't reply all comments simultaneously. If you reply them one by one by keeping a little time period gap between them, it will help you to reach more audience.
I observed that, if you reply to the comment after 1 or 2 days, Facebook will again start showing it in your friend's news feed by pairing it with your social action (such as who liked and commented on the post).
8. Change post audience to public: For you to reach the maximum organic traffic, you've to change the post privacy to Public so that anyone can view, like, comment and share your post. It's pretty much easy to do this. While posting anything, simply click the privacy button and select Public option.
9. Tag your friends: Facebook provided an option which let you tag people on your status and photos. Even in the comment box. You can tag up to 20 (or more) friends. When you'll tag someone, he will get a new notification and your post may be visible on their profile as per their custom timeline and tagging settings. You can as well change and remove tagged people anytime.
This option allow you to target friends of friends and they may also see your post in their news feed or on your friend's timeline. Speaking frankly, tagging unknown people is simply a misuse of this amazing feature as it was made to tag those friends only who are actually there in the posts (e.g in a group picture).
I personally feel annoying when someone tag me in useless posts. So think twice before doing this. Otherwise, your friends may start disliking you.
10. Change same profile picture again: Facebook allow you to Change your profile picture with old one and the good thing is that, you will not lose any of your likes and comments. They will remain same but the upload time will change on your timeline with each new update.
The re-changed profile picture will again show up in the news feed. I recommend you to change it at least 2 times so that it will reach full potential audience and each single friend can like it.
Please Share this Article with your Friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Are you Finding it Difficult to Comment? See How to Comment on Wazobiawap.